How many times during the day – in a sales call, conducting a presentation, leading a meeting, running a project – is it vital for you to ask for something that you want in order to achieve your goals? How well do you know how to find and nurture leads here in the local community?
On April 25, business professionals from throughout the Twin Cities area are invited to attend two very special presentations hosted by Sales & Marketing Executives International of Minnesota.
THE ASKING FORMULA:
America’s #1 Asking Expert John Baker will share his simple, six-step repeatable process for driving immediate results. “The Asking Formula generates a sustainable competitive advantage for your sales people, delivers clear solutions to your customers, provides confidence to your leaders, and generates faster growth and greater sales,” says Baker, who describes himself as “tall, loud and funny”. His entertaining style is laced with anecdotes and stories that illustrate how ineffective (and, sometimes downright silly) we are when we can't or won't ask for what we want. Baker’s presentation will include:
- How to recognize and avoid three common asking behaviors that sabotage effectiveness and act as barriers to success.
- Best-practice techniques that drive better and deeper listening skills, and a roadmap to put the outcomes of that listening to work in The Asking Formula.
- Tips for when to begin your ask, how to end it, and when it is reasonable for you to ask for what you want (and when it's not).
- Techniques to immediately gain your audience’s attention and discover the secret to getting them motivated to give you the outcomes you desire.
John will be available to sign copies of his new book, The Asking Formula - Ask For What You Want…And Get It!
after his presentation. SMART READER SEMINAR:
Pam Brueck, audience development director of the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal, will teach you how the Business Journal can help you find leads and build relationships in the Twin Cities business community. This workshop will assist you in growing your business, while professionally developing yourself. You will walk away with a sure-fire plan to grow your business.
- Learn what types of stories are published in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal every week and how they can benefit you
- Take a tour of the most current print edition and learn which sections work for you
- Find out other ways the Business Journal delivers news via web, email and social media
- Gain qualified leads
- Increase your knowledge of the local community where you do business
- Network and get connected with your business community
|April 25, 2013|
Woman’s Club, 410 Oak Grove St., Minneapolis
7:15 a.m. - Networking & Registration, 7:30 a.m. - Hot Breakfast
The Asking Formula, John Baker, 7:45a.m. to 9 a.m.
Smart Reader Seminar, Pam Brueck, 9:15 a.m. to 10 a.m. (Complimentary)
Professional Member: $30
Introductory Member: $48
Executive Member: Included with Membership
Full-Time Student: $20