Facebook is a pop culture phenomenon with more than 500 million global users worldwide and counting, and businesses are realizing that they need to be part of the Facebook community in order to engage, communicate and promote their brands, services, products to their customers or “fans.”
Business leaders who understand how to cultivate fans and followers on social media are reaping the benefits of customer loyalty—repeat sales, cross-selling opportunities, and referrals. Those who don’t (or choose not to) miss out on critical customer conversations and risk their brand becoming irrelevant over time.
Many businesses have already successfully tapped into the power of Facebook, but for some it is the elephant in the room. We have invited Alfredo Tan, Senior Director of Facebook Canada to share some insights into how Canadian companies are using Facebook to tap into the power of communities.
Here are some quick facts about Facebook:
- 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- Average user has 130 friends
- People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
- There are over 900 million objects that people interact with (pages, groups, events and community pages)
- Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events
- Average user creates 90 pieces of content each month
- More than 30 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each month.
In this presentation you will learn:
- The risk to any active brand that ignores engaging resources in social media
- How incentives create impact for a corporate brand
- How businesses can use Facebook to flush out new successful products and guide potential new customers
- How Facebook is softening identity relationships for public consumption using terms like “Friends” and “Fans”.
Some questions you might have for Alfredo Tan:
- How do organizations get a handle on their employee identities?
- What are the pros of using Facebook as an identity store for my business' consumers?
- If a social community is impacting my brand message (negatively) what can I do about it?
About the Presenter
Alfredo Tan - Senior Director, Facebook Canada
Alfredo Tan is a Senior Director at Facebook, where he leads a team responsible for strategic marketing relationships with agencies and Fortune 500 companies across Canada. Prior to Facebook, Alfredo was responsible for a broad portfolio as a Senior Director at Yahoo! in charge of leading the Mobile, Business Development and Search Marketing teams. He also managed the Rogers Yahoo! Partnership across media, internet, and wireless. Alfredo has also worked as Strategic Alliances Director at Sympatico MSN and was responsible for media sales, business development and strategic partnerships.
Previously, Alfredo was a lifestyle coach & personal trainer, holding numerous national certifications. He was also a writer and fitness consultant for a Toronto-based adventure magazine. Alfredo holds a Bachelor’s degree in Forensic Science & Biology from the University of Toronto, a Master’s degree with a specialization in Information Systems & Technology from McMaster University. He has also completed Executive Programs at the Harvard Business School.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011 (5:00 PM - 7:00 PM)
Event Includes Appetizers. Cash bar available.
Group of 4 Members: $200
Group of 4 Nonmembers: $275
Group of 6 Members: $300
Group of 6 Nonmembers: $400
Group of 10 Members: $500
Group of 10 Nonmembers: $650
*HST will be added on payment form.
Signature Sponsor $1,250 (includes logo in print advertising, online advertising, podium mention, brochure display and logo at event.) Call 604-266-0090 for availability.
Event Sponsor $300 (Includes one event ticket,podium mention, brochure display and logo on online event marketing.